15JAN96 AIPS now available

The AIPS Group aipsmail at nrao.edu
Sat Feb 10 00:10:28 EST 1996

The 15JAN96 release is finally available.  Apologies (again!) for the
delays.  You may obtain it via ANONYMOUS ftp to aips.nrao.edu in a GNU
zipped tar file at /aips/15JUL95/15JUL95.tar.gz (22 Megabytes) or a Unix
compressed tar file at /aips/15JUL95/15JUL95.tar.Z (30.5 Megabytes).  Be
sure to get and read the notices in files /aips/README and
/aips/15JUL95/README, and the /aips/INSTALL.PS Installation Summary,
before starting any installation.

Please note that there are two patches already available for this release;
while we would have preferred to include these directly in the
distribution, this was not possible due to a variety of reasons.  The
patches are available either via ftp (/pub/aips/15JAN96/README.15JAN96 on
the same ftp server), or http://www.cv.nrao.edu/aips/15JAN96/patches.html
on the web.

Additional details about this release are revealed in the 15JAN96
AIPSLetter (already in the mail) which is readable on-line either via
anonymous ftp (in /pub/aips/TEXT/PUBL/LET96A.PS) or through the AIPS web
pages at "http://www.cv.nrao.edu/aips/".  These web pages also include a
page on the release and links to the patch area.

A reminder: AIPS is now covered by the GNU General Public License.  In
short, you can freely redistribute it, but you cannot sell it.  See the
complete text of the GPL on our web pages for more details.

If you cannot avail of anonymous ftp, there is an order form on the back
of the 15JAN96 AIPSLetter.  For any further questions, send e-mail to
aipsmail at nrao.edu.

--
  \|/  ____  \|/   Pat Murphy  <pmurphy at nrao.edu>  <pmurphy at glock.com>  INFP
   @~ / oO \ ~@         PGP Key, etc: http://orangutan.cv.nrao.edu/plan.html