[asac] Dates for next face to face meeting

Richard Hills rhills at alma.cl
Mon Mar 29 10:27:14 EDT 2010

Dear all,

The dates for this are now hardening up on 2nd/3rd Nov, with the meeting
itself taking place in Santiago on those two days and a visit to the
site immediately before that (presumably 31st/1st).

This seems to be compatible with all the returns to the wiki page so far
https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/FtfdatesFall

but there are quite a few people who have not put anything in there.
Could you please either fill in the wiki page, or if it more convenient
just send e-mail confirming that the above dates are OK or not?

Thanks Richard

On 3/15/2010 9:51 PM, Richard Hills wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> It was good to see you in Tokyo.  You will recall that we talked about
> having this next meeting in the week of 11th Oct.  I have checked with
> people back here, and I am afraid that this isn't going to work - there
> is a clash with another meeting plus people will be too busy with the
> preparations for the AAER.  The previous week does not work for our
> vice-Chair, Frederic, and the following week is also problematic here
> (although not completely out of the question).   This means that we
> should go for the week of 1st Nov with the week of 25th Oct as a backup
> for the case that the 1st Nov turns out to be not possible for too many
> people.  Al is going to put up a Poll and will circulate the link.
> Please put your availability on that as soon as you can.
>
> Having it that late does mean that there will be little time to get the
> report ready for the Board but I think this means that we should keep
> the report simple and organize the meeting so that people do the main
> writing at the meeting and there is then an efficient process of
> circulation to get everyone's agreement.  With luck the only critical
> item will be the "readiness" issue anyway.
>
> Best Richard

Richard Hills                Phone: +56 2 467 6175
ALMA Project Scientist       Fax:   +56 2 467 6104
Av El Golf 40, Piso 18       Apmnt: +56 2 474 1642
Santiago, Chile              Mobile +56 97 608 1582