[asac] [almanews] NA ALMA Science Center Staff positions

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 30 08:55:28 EST 2009

Folks,

Please distribute the following notice to those whom you feel may be
interested.

The North American ALMA Science Center (NAASC) is seeking up to 3
astronomers to join the scientific staff of the Science Center,
which is located at NRAO headquarters in Charlottesville, VA.  We are seeking
people with expertise in mm/radio interferometry and data reduction
for at least two of these positions.  All three positions also require
excellent people and communication skills. Prior user support
experience is desirable. Successful applicants will provide user support to the
ALMA community. Successful applicants will also be expected and
encouraged to carry out an independent  program of scientific
research.
  The positions are open to both junior and mid-career applicants, and
leadership opportunities exist within the areas of user training and
data services. These positions can be filled for either NRAO's
non-tenure scientist track or onto the tenure-track commensurate with
the expertise, experience, and interest of the successful applicant.

Review of applications will begin December 1 and continue until the
closing date of Jan. 31, 2010.

The full ad can be viewed at:
http://members.aas.org/JobReg/JobDetailPage.cfm?JobID=25811

Clear skies,
Al Wootten
| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	 |
| Project Scientist, Atacama Large Millimeter Array/US   |
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory       |
| 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA |
| (434)-296-0329 voice             (434)-242-4713 cell   |
| (434)-296-0278 FAX               Help us build ALMA    |