[asac] Telecon on Wednesday (/Thursday)

Richard Hills rhills at alma.cl
Mon May 19 18:23:38 EDT 2008

Dear All,

As agreed this postponed telecon will take place on Wednesday 21st May.
  Because we are spread right round the globe, there is no convenient
time for everyone, especially at this time of year.  The two least bad
options are:

Option A   22:00 UTC = Midnight in Europe, 6am in Taipei, 7am in Tokyo
and reasonable times everywhere else.

Option B   15:00 UTC = 5am in Hawaii, 11pm in Taipei, midnight in Tokyo
and reasonable for the rest.

Note that for option A, the meeting will actually be on the morning of
Thursday 22nd May for those in East Asia.

The ASAC chair will decide which of these is most practical and we will
let you know.

We now have the feedback and revised charges from the Board - see
attached.  I do apologize that this has taken so long.  I am afraid that
it was not possible to get a decision on how to proceed with the
Development plan until the Board's telecon last week.  As you will see
from the revised charges they want us to push on with this but on a
somewhat reduced scale.  I hope that we can have a productive discussion
about the next steps at our telecon.

Look forward to talking to you then.

Best Richard

Richard Hills                Phone: +56 2 467 6175
ALMA Project Scientist       Fax:   +56 2 467 6104
Av El Golf 40, Piso 18       Apmnt: +56 2 474 1642
Santiago, Chile              Mobile +56 97 608 1582