[asac] Science with the Atacama Large Millimeter Array: A New Era for Astrophysics

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Sun Jan 27 14:24:09 EST 2008

Folks,

Please note that:
Science with the Atacama Large Millimeter Array: A New Era for
Astrophysics Volume 313, Numbers 1-3 / January, 2008, the Proceedings of
the Nov 2006 ALMA Conference in Madrid, has been published by
Astrophysics and Space Science, and is available online at
http://tinyurl.com/32pq3o

Thanks to the organizers of the conference, to the authors and to the
editors for bringing out this compendium of papers describing some
aspects of the transformative science we expect ALMA to undertake.
We're all anticipating smooth completion of the instrument over the next
few years; just ten days ago the ALMA prototype system at the ALMA test
facility produced its first interferometric spectrum.  Working together,
we'll be producing solid science soon

Clear skies,
Al