[asac] ASAC logistics (info needed)

Leonardo Testi lt at arcetri.astro.it
Fri Sep 1 11:53:24 EDT 2006

Dear ASAC  members and attendees,
    I am finalizing some of the practical detail of our face to face
meeting.
There are two items for which I would need a fast feedback from you:
meals and possible visit at the Corridoio Vasariano/Galleria degli
Uffizi sunday afternoon after the meeting.

- Meals:
    lunches and breaks will be organized at the conference center, I
need a good approximation
    of the number of persons for each day (I know that some of you
will attend only part of the meeting).
    INAF is also offering us a social dinner on Saturday evening, I
also need to know the approximate
    number. Please take a few minutes to fill in and return me the
following table.

    Dietary constraints     no/yes (vegetarian/cyliac/...?)
    Lunch 16/9/2006        yes/no
    Dinner 16/9/2006       yes/no       accompanying person  yes/no
    Lunch 17/9/2007        yes/no

- Visit at the Corridoio Vasariano/Galleria degli Uffizi
   (Alas, I doubt I can convince INAF administration to pay for
this... )
   It is possible to organize a guided tour (the Corridoio is only
open on demand for guided groups)
   The visit could start in Palazzo Pitti (the Medici redidence in
Oltrarno), proceed through the Corridoio
   and end up inside the Uffizi (whole tour is approx 1hr). Then
everyone would be free of spending
   time within the Uffizi.
   We could start this tour at ~16:00 on Sunday

   The cost would be 14Euro for the Uffizi ticket (that is needed in
any case) plus the cost for the
   tour and opening of the Corridoio. This depends somewhat on the
number of people, for groups
   between 20 to 30 the cost is 570 Euro (i.e. an additional sum of
20 to 30 euro per person).

   Let me know who will be interested and I can get a final cost
estimate (if we go above 30 we need
   to split, if we go below 20 the fixed cost will decrease).

Ciao,
        Leonardo

--
Leonardo Testi - lt at arcetri.astro.it             - Tel: +39-055-2752234