[asac] ASAC meeting date

John Richer jsr at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 11 09:39:58 EDT 2006

Dear all,

First, let me pass on congratulations from ASAC to the hard-working JAO
team for being successful at the National Science Board meetings.
Although on the first step in securing the extra money, this is really
great news for ALMA.

Regarding our face-to-face meeting in September, we have decided to meet
in Florence.  An inspection of the wiki page at

   https://wikio.nrao.edu/bin/view/ALMA/FtofDate

suggests that the best candidate so far is Sunday 17th/Monday 18th
September.  On that date, only Peter Schilke is unavailable. (The
Sat/Sun of the same weekend is also possible, if Leonardo is available
then).

We could also try for Monday/Tuesday instead (18th/19th), if that would
help Peter.  Would that be bad for others? We could perhaps break the
cycle of weekend meetings, which although efficient, can be bad for home
life.

Whatever your views on when we should meet, please let me know by email,
or sign up on the wiki.

Regards

John

--
John Richer
Astrophysics, Cavendish Laboratory, J J Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 0HE