[asac] Announcement from Fred Lo: Head of North American ALMA Science Center

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 5 17:35:45 EST 2006

ANNOUNCEMENT

Head of North American ALMA Science Center (NAASC)

As you are all aware, Paul Vanden Bout has stepped down as the Head of
the North American ALMA Science Center effective January 1, 2006.
Adrian Russell and I would like to take the opportunity to thank Paul
for his superb work in developing the plans for the NAASC and helping
bring it into reality.  Of course Paul was also pivotal in the genesis
of the entire ALMA project as well - we all owe him a tremendous debt!

We are currently going through an internal search for a full-time Head
of the NAASC and expect to fill the post very soon.  In the meantime,
Adrian Russell will assume the role of acting Head of the NAASC.  We are
also delighted to announce that John Hibbard has assumed the role of
Acting Head of the NA ALMA Regional Center, a subset of the NAASC with
responsibilities for the core ALMA Operations functions in North
America.

Fred K. Y. Lo
Director