[asac] January face-to-face meeting

Lee G. Mundy lgm at astro.umd.edu
Thu Jan 5 08:44:44 EST 2006

Hi all,

   As a local person in DC, I do not see much to recommend
in favor of a hotel around Dulles airport itself. The nearest
hotels are ~20 minutes away and once you are there -- you are
there -- nothing much else. The Arlington area where NSF is located
is about 40 minutes from the airport. The AUI location is around
50 minutes away (these are all non-rush hour estimates). UMD is
about 50 minutes from Dulles. The AUI location is the most "downtown"
of the above locations; it is near Dupont Circle. The NSF is right next to
a major up-scale shopping mall with a good selection of eateries in the
area.

cheers,

Lee