[asac] changing telecon time

Peter Schilke schilke at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Tue Oct 18 05:31:07 EDT 2005

Hi Chris,

    I'd not be thrilled, as you can imagine, but I'd go along with it,
if everybody else does.  I would like to hear the opinion of our
Japanese members, since I personally wouldn't consider shifting from
midnight to 6am to be a big improvement.

       Peter

Christine Wilson wrote:

>Hi, everyone,
>
>I am proposing that we change the time of our telecon to 2100 UT.
>
>This change would start with our November telecon and continue at least
>through March 2006.
>
>If you have big difficulties with this new time, please let me know as
>soon as possible. Please explain what your difficulty is, so I can judge
>among (possibly competing) constraints and let me know if a small shift
>(by 30 minutes or 1 hour) would solve your difficulty.
>
>The main reason to change the time is that I will be chairing the meetings
>and it is hard for me to be an awake and active chair at 5 am Hawaii time.
>In addition, our Japanese colleagues have been dealing with very late
>telecon times (11:30 pm or midnight) for many years, and this will give
>them a little break from that.
>
>Thanks,
>Chris
>
>P.S. By my calculations, here is 2100 UT in various local times (all for
>non daylight savings). But please check yourself for your own time zone.
>
>10 pm Europe
>9 pm UK
>4 pm U.S. east coast
>1 pm U.S. west coast
>11 am Hawaii
>6 am Japan
>
>For comparison, our current telecon time of 1500 UT is
>
>4 pm Europe
>3 pm UK
>10 am U.S. east coast
>7 am U.S. west coast
>5 am Hawaii
>midnight Japan

Dr. Peter Schilke               Max-Planck-Institut f"ur Radioastronomie
Auf dem H"ugel 69               D-53121 Bonn                     Germany
Tel.   49-228-525-392	 mobile: 49-160-7014309    FAX    49-228-525-435
mailto:schilke at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de