[asac] 2006 pan-ALMA meeting - two new members

Chris Carilli ccarilli at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 13 10:19:34 EDT 2005

Leonardo,

Pertaining to today's ASAC agenda item on Pan-ALMA meeting,
I wasn't sure if we had ever settled the final 2 SOC members?
If so, then ignore this. But if not, we have had some
suggestions from the ASAC, and let me proposed:

Japanese member:  T. Onishi from Nagoya University. He works on
low mass star formation and starless cores, and he was recommended
by the Japanese ALMA community.

NA member: Crystal Brogan from JCMT-Hawaii (moving to NRAO).
She works on Galactic cm and mm astronomy, from star forming
regions to supernovae to the ISM.

These are two excellent young astrophysicists who have
long term interests in making ALMA a success, and will add
fresh voices to the discussions.

Perhaps we can discuss this at the ASAC meeting, and if
approved, send a quick note to Jose so that he can make official
contact and we can start inviting speakers.

Chris Carilli