[asac] forwarded message from C. M. Walmsley

Al Wootten awootten at NRAO.EDU
Thu Feb 15 17:55:48 EST 2001

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: "C.M. Walmsley" <walmsley at arcetri.astro.it>
To: awootten at NRAO.EDU
Subject: ALMA SAC Face to Face Last Call
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:26:20 +0100 (MET)

					      Feb. 15,
 Dear Participants in the Florence ASAC Face-to-Face,

	   These are some last practical comments about
 the Florence face-to-face. We have not heard of any
 great problems with hotels and presume that you can all
 make it there and turn up at the Calza at, say, 8.50
 on Friday morning.

  We have arranged both "coffee breaks" morning and
 afternoon and a "light lunch" and we have (at the last
 count) 39 participants.  I append the list. The coffee
 and cakes are paid for by the Observatory but the lunch
 you should pay for directly to the Convitto della Calza.
 The cost will be 35000 L (roughly 35 DM or 17 US Dollars)
 although we are still discussing it and it may come down.
 We need however to know if any of the 39 named below will
 NOT be around at lunch on either Friday 23 or Saturday 24.
 If you will not be present, please let us know asap and
 if possible by next Monday.  The lunch is scheduled presently
 for 12.30-1.45 PM on Friday and 1.00-2.15 Saturday.
 Also, if anyone has special requirements (such as vegetarian),
 please let us know and we will see what can be done.

 We do not plan any formal Dinner but of course, Florence
 and the area around your hotels is full of restaurants.
 They are mostly small however and on Sat. night , it is
 advisable to book. The tourist area of Florence with
 Pitti Palace, Ponte Vecchio etc is just beyond the ANNALENA
 and BOBOLI hotels on that little sketch which (I hope) you
 all got (ie along the Via Romana away from the Porta).

 Weather is completely unpredictable. It is beautiful just now
 but it changes fast. Bring a good sweater.

       Buon Viaggio,
		   Malcolm

    List Of Participants
 ---------------------

     Name              Arriv.      Dep.

     Baars             22         25
     Bachiller         21         25
     Baudry            23         26
     Blake             22         25
     Bronfman          21         27 (+ Daughter)
     Brown             21         27
     Chikada           22         25
     Cox               22         24
     Crutcher          22         26