[asac] ALMA Construction Approval

Tetsuo Hasegawa tetsuo.hasegawa at nao.ac.jp
Mon Dec 3 17:47:42 EST 2001

Dear Al and ASAC colleagues,

I am glad to hear the news that is great for all of us.  Congratulations
and thank you for transferring the news.
Here in Japan, we are waiting for the budget plan from the Ministry of
Finance to be released this month.  We are witnessing a historical event
--- a sequence of global merger of three big projects that have been sought
for 10-20 years!

With best,

Tetsuo

At 8:21 -0500 01.12.3, Al Wootten wrote:
>Yesterday November 26, President Bush signed the FY2002 Appropriation
>Bill for VA, HUD and Independent Agencies.  This bill includes $12.5
>million in the NSF Major Research Equipment program for the start of
>ALMA construction.
>
>Let's go build this thing!
>
>      -Bob

Tetsuo HASEGAWA, D. Sc.   <tetsuo.hasegawa at nao.ac.jp>
ALMA-J Project Scientist
Professor, National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
2-21-1 Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181-8588, Japan
Phone +81-422-34-3780 / FAX +81-422-34-3764