[asac] Agenda for tomorrow's meeting

Richard Crutcher crutcher at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 15:07:19 EDT 2001

I understand that the European test antenna will be delayed considerably.
One thing that bothers me that that the test interferometer was not planned
to use actual ALMA receivers, which made any meaningful polarization tests
impossible. I wonder if we can turn the antenna delay to advantage by having a
proper ALMA receiver package, say at 345 GHz, installed on the test
interferometer and have polarization tests carried out. I continue to be
concerned that polarization is getting shorted in the engineering, testing,
and calibration plans and discussion. Cannot we for ONCE in the construction
of a new major radio telescope facility pay sufficient attention to its
polarization capabilities?   -Dick Crutcher

--- Al Wootten <awootten at NRAO.EDU> wrote:
> Folks
>
> Several new documents have been hyperlinked today to the agenda for tomorrow's
> meeting.  Changes are marked as 'New'.  They include:
> New ACA results
> Band 10 report
> Correlator workshop report
> Minutes of Berkeley SSR meeting
> Draft agenda for Santiago meetings
> Changes to Science Day agenda
>
> Please review these for discussion at tomorrow's meetings.  Also please be
> prepared to discuss items graced with your name.  The agenda is at:
> http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/asac/asacaug01agenda.html
>
> Clear skies,
> Al
> +--------------------------------------------------------+
> | Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	 |
> | Project Scientist, Atacama Large Millimeter Array/US   |
> | Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory       |
> | 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA |
> | (434)-296-0329 voice             Help us build The ALMA|
> | (434)-296-0278 FAX               {>    {>    {>    {>  |

=====
Richard M. Crutcher
Professor & Chair,
Astronomy Department
Chief Application Scientist,
Voice: 217/333-9581     Fax: 217/244-7638