[asac] forwarded message from Larry D'Addario

Al Wootten awootten at NRAO.EDU
Thu Sep 7 10:09:59 EDT 2000

N. B. two versions of the document  "Proposal for ALMA Front End Optics";
please collect the most recent one.

Folks,

The report "Proposal for ALMA Front End Optics" has been slightly
updated since Jennifer distributed John's announcement of its
availability on Sep-05.  If you have the version dated 2000-Sep-04,
then there have been a couple of small corrections to the text.  If
you have the version dated 2000-Sep-05, then there have been no
further substantive changes, but Fig 1 and Fig 2 have had the
hand-drawn sketches replaced with better-quality line drawings and the
PDF file has become about 30% of its previous size.

The current version can be obtained from the same URL as before:

http://www.tuc.nrao.edu/~ldaddari/almaOptics.pdf

We are aware of some minor errors in the tables of the Appendices, and
of the need for some additional clarifications and explanations.  But
in the interest of stability we will avoid any substantative changes
until next week.  Comments and questions are welcome at any time.

--Larry