[asac] Minutes of Nov meeting; Florence news

Al Wootten awootten at NRAO.EDU
Mon Nov 20 09:36:10 EST 2000

Folks,

There is a version of the minutes at:
http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/asac/asacminutesnov00.txt

Malcolm writes:

 Dear Interested Participants in the ASAC Face-to-face meeting,

     This concerns those interested in attending the Florence
 face-to-face meeting of the ALMA ASAC on Feb 23-24. We have
 reserved for this meeting the "Sala Bargello" of the "Convitto
 della Calza" , Piazza della Calza 6, close to the Porta Romana
 on the south-western corner of the Florence city walls. This
 is within walking distance of the Florence city center and all
 the tourist attractions.

 We have had some problems organising hotel rooms for the meeting.
 We first thought that the rooms within the Convitto itself would
 be available and that turned out eventually not to be the case.
 We have therefore made a pre--reservation of blocks of rooms in
 two neighbouring hotels : the "Hotel Classic" on Viale Machiavelli
 and the Pensione Annalena on Via Romana.  The charges per night
 are of the order US$ 100  for the Hotel Classic and $125  for the
 Pensione Annalena.  We need to  know fairly soon how many people
 intend to come and therefore request you to send us a statement of
 intent using the "form" attatched below. We want this preliminary
 information prior to Dec. 15 .  Those who send us this information
 will be assigned a hotel and requested to contact the hotels directly
 by Fax sending credit card information etc. Those who do not reply
 are warned that they will be subject to the wild and wooly struggle
 with the Florence hotel booking system.  This can be fun but we
 leave it to you.

		Name :
		Affiliation :
		e-mail    :
		Fax       :
		Telephone :

  I intend to attend the Florence face-to-face meeting of the ALMA ASAC
  on February 23-24 2001.  I would like a room  reserved as follows:

		Single :   Yes
		Double :   Yes
		Other  :   Explain

		Date of Arrival :
		Date of Departure:

    Send to    masini at arcetri.astro.it      and
	       walmsley at arcetri.astro.it

Clear skies,
Al
| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	 |
| Project Scientist, Atacama Large Millimeter Array/US   |
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory       |
| 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA |
| (804)-296-0329 voice             Help us build The ALMA|
| (804)-296-0278 FAX               {>    {>    {>    {>  |