[asac] Message from Neal

Min Yun myun at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Jun 27 15:09:22 EDT 2000

Thanks for clearing that up, Geoff.  This is consistent with what
I have learned from Al Wootten today, but I felt we needed an official
explanation from the receiver group.  As I said in my e-mail, the
particular example of measuring dust SED is not severely impacted
by this limitation, but it does bother me that a project that needs
only a few minutes of on-source integration would require an hour
or more of obsering time simply because of this limitation.  One
cannot always assume that this type of study will be done for a
cluster of sources.  Study of a GRB, for example.  Since
there are some foreseeable scientific implications tied to this
number, it would be good to scrutinize it a bit and urge the
receiver group to find ways to minimize the impact on observations.

					-- Min