[asac] Feb. 23-24 Face-to-Face ASAC Meeting in Florence

Al Wootten awootten at NRAO.EDU
Thu Dec 14 15:42:40 EST 2000

Folks

Apropos the discussion at our meeting on Monday:

3. Feb. 23-24 Face-to-Face ASAC Meeting in Florence

All ASAC members were encouraged to make their reservations for this
meeting by December 15. M. Walmsley will provide a list of those who
have registered for the meeting.

Other meetings in Feb-March were also mentioned. S. Guilloteau expects
several participants from the ASAC at the Configuration PDR in Grenoble
on 25-26 Feb. Results from simulations and imaging studies will be
available. It was commented that operational studies should also be done
in preparation for that meeting.
I am redistributing the information Malcolm sent earlier:

Dear Interested Participants in the ASAC Face-to-face meeting,
This concerns those interested in attending the Florence face-to-face
meeting of the ALMA ASAC on Feb 23-24.
   We have reserved for this meeting the "Sala Bargello" of the "Convitto
della Calza" , Piazza della Calza 6, close to the Porta Romana on the
south-western corner of the Florence city
   walls. This is within walking distance of the Florence city center
and all the tourist attractions. We have had some problems organising
hotel rooms for the meeting. We first thought
   that the rooms within the Convitto itself would be available and that
turned out eventually not to be the case. We have therefore made a
pre--reservation of blocks of rooms in two
   neighbouring hotels : the "Hotel Classic" on Viale Machiavelli
and the Pensione Annalena on Via Romana. The charges per night are
of the order US$ 100 for the Hotel Classic and
   $125 for the Pensione Annalena. We need to know fairly soon how
many people intend to come and therefore request you to send us a
statement of intent using the "form" attatched
   below. We want this preliminary information prior to Dec. 15 . Those
who send us this information will be assigned a hotel and requested to
contact the hotels directly by Fax sending
   credit card information etc. Those who do not reply are warned that
they will be subject to the wild and wooly struggle with the Florence
hotel booking system. This can be fun but we   leave it to you.

                Name :
                Affiliation :
                e-mail    :
                Fax       :
                Telephone :

  I intend to attend the Florence face-to-face meeting of the ALMA ASAC
  on February 23-24 2001.  I would like a room  reserved as follows:

                Single :   Yes
                Double :   Yes
                Other  :   Explain

                Date of Arrival :