[alma-config] ALMA reaches its higher resolution modes

Lee G. Mundy lgm at astro.umd.edu
Thu Nov 6 08:33:54 EST 2014

Congratulations to all who worked to make ALMA and the long baselines
happen. This is really a spectacular image -- which highlights why
the long baseline are so important. The fact that the disk has so
much ring structure throughout is a clue to important the physics
shaping the disk, which would have been missed
(and was missed) with lower resolution.

This is a great start into the discovery space opened up by the
long baselines...

Cheers to all,

Lee