[alma-config] reply to mark

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 6 11:21:35 EDT 2005

Hola all,

Thanks for the discussion and particular thanks to John and Mark for their
work on this.  Indeed my intent was not to reopen the design
but to inform the community and to build consensus.  The Science IPT
and the Interim Project Scientist endorse this design.
I read the comments so far as endorsement
by alma-config, with the sort of discussion I would expect from this august
group.  Much of the discussion would make an interesting URSI session.

The status of this design is that Massimo asked the ALMA Board for
approval (!) and so I presented it to the ASAC at their meeting this past
weekend.  It was well received and I expect Board approval soon.

Clear skies,
Al