[alma-config]Re: Early science Configs

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 15 14:55:21 EST 2004

Hi Mark

For the present, I agree that what we need is to know what is on our
present horizon.  We at least need a set of configurations for 6 antennas.
As you note, this becomes less critical the more antennas there are.
The reason I split the problem at 32 was that I assumed the innermost
model you mention will work from then on.

I think the 15th antenna will arrive with 16, ..., 23.  I agree that a tool
or rule on what to do with the next antenna or n antennas would be a good
solution.  I'm not sure that we need to consider more than four specific
numbers of antennas for specific configuration sets however.  We'll need
smaller sets for commissioning and verification--three, ... eventually also.

Al