[alma-config]My point of view

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jan 30 15:48:15 EST 2002

Mark,

>> I repeat again  I do not speak about mosaic where as I understand now
>> the people multiply the PSF by PB?

>That multiplication (not by the PB, but by the autocorrelation of the PB)
>comes out of mosaicing.

This confirms again that my knowledge of the mosaic is next to zero
Sorry

So if mosiac is the main main main option of future observation with compact
array, then my analysis is not required.

>This seems to me that you are saying you divide by the PB before
>deconvolution, which is not done.

No I do not devide but the signals coming to the maximum direction and
side lobe directions are attenuated by PB differentely.
So I think estimating side lobes we need to compare them with the maximum attenuated by PB.

Thanks

Leonia