[alma-config]Configuration Design Review Report

Al Wootten awootten at NRAO.EDU
Mon Feb 25 15:12:31 EST 2002

The Configuration Design Review committee has finished its recommendations.
We submit this to the AEC herewith.

Dear ALMA Configuration Review participant:

We want to thank everyone who has participated in the ALMA Configuration
Design Review, particularly the committee members.  The Review Committee
has approved a set of recommendations, for which we will give a hyperlink in
the interest of bandwidth conservation.

 The approved committee report:
http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/configurationcdrrecs.txt

In the first of its action items, the committee recommended:
The project should appoint a leader of the configuration design
process as quickly as
possible.  The leader will guide the design process,
including iteration of the design
with the antenna/transport groups and the site development
group.  The project will
invest in this leader the resources necessary to be able to
push the process ahead as a
top priority without distraction from other commitments.

ALMA/EU has arranged for John Conway to join the ALMA Project for the next
two years to assume configuration design leadership role.  On behalf of the
committee, we would like to welcome John.  We're looking forward to an
interesting and collegial discussion of the array as we move toward a
final configuration design.  We anticipate a timely implementation
of the rest of the recommendations of the committee.

On behalf of the ALMA Project,
Al Wootten
Stephane Guilloteau