[alma-config]Re: [alma-site]Reconfiguration Times

Mark Holdaway mholdawa at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 29 17:15:10 EDT 2002

> If there were some "fixed" ALMA antennas (for compact array, or single
> dish)
> these could be the reference antennas, but might be on long baselines to
> the
> moved antennas. I imagine a satisfactory baseline fitting procedure will
> evolve after some experience on site.

There are many antennas which participate in half of the Conway spiral
configurations, and a few that participate in more, but not all.  There
could be a couple of sets of 2-4 "reference" antennas (ie, one set for
short baseline configs, and another set for long baseline configs) which
would always be used in baseline, delay and pointing(?) determinations.
Adding the Y+ configuration set likely requires a third set of "reference"
antennas.

	-M