[alma-config]Re: Nyquist and more

John Conway jconway at oso.chalmers.se
Tue Oct 9 12:12:08 EDT 2001

Hi,

 I include the protomemo I wrote a few weeks
ago and sent to Frederik on the subject
of irregular sampling. I took a Fourier
domain approach - I later found as Dave
notes that the same problem was dealt with
already by Bracewell in his book, in terms
of the required convolving functions
in the signal domain which is much simpler,
however Bracewell he does not calculate an
expression for  the increase in noise as a function
of the displacement from irregularity
for an interleaved sequence- this calcualtion
shows that the increase in noise is
not as large for small displacemnets  from regularity
as  is sometimes claimed.  In between teaching
and writing long emails I havn't had chance to
check the paper by Linden quoted by Bracewell.

I can't be sure there are no typos in the
memo since I have had had little time to check.

   John