[alma-config] driving over top of pads

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 29 16:26:40 EDT 2001

HI,

As you may remember I design recentely the compact configuration with
only one E-W road. The idea of this configuration was to start removing
antennas from the inside of the configuration and simplfy access to the
next antennas because the on the way antennas are removed.

The main concern of this configuration was requirement driving over top
of the pads at least for US antenna (which will have large diameter of
the pads.

Having spoken with Peter Napier I figured out that the transpoter will
drive over pads anyway during loading of the antenna.
So driving over top of the pads is not a constrain???

If so I'd consider my last configuration as most attractive.
It can be improved more.

Leonia