[alma-config] thoughts on simulation metrics

Morita, Koh-Ichiro morita at nro.nao.ac.jp
Tue Jan 30 11:34:28 EST 2001

Hi Bryan,

Good job!  I appreciate your effort and I almost agreed with you.
I think it is important to start these evaluations fast.

> there are a couple of more obscure references to Morita's work that I
> couldn't get proper references for or full copies of but which probably
> have relevant information:
>
> Morita, Array Configuration of Large Radio Interferometers for
>    Astronomical Observations, National Astronomical Observatory,
>    NRO-TR-56, 1997
>
> Morita, Ishiguro, & Holdaway, Array Configuration of the Large
>    Millimeter and Submillimeter Array (LMSA), URSI-GA, 1996

Sorry, I have been lazy to make concrete reports.
First one is an NRO techinical report and you can get it from our
library.  But it was written in Japanese.
Second one is now available as LMSA memo 1996-001 (Look at
www.nro.nao.ac.jp/~lmsa/lmsa-memo/).

Koh-Ichiro