[alma-config] Cumulative plots of fidelity

Steven steven at heddle97.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 19:47:09 EST 2001

I've been responding to the request for plots showing cumulative fidelity.
In doing so, I've replaced the existing situation on my pages of two side by
side
fidelity histograms with 1) a histogram showing both the previous plots on
one
graph, next to 2) a histogram showing the 'cumulative' curves. The
cumulative curves show fidelity on the x axis, with the y value showing
log10(number of pixels with a fidelity greater than x).

Tragically gnuplot makes no distinction between log10(0) and log10(1), so
there is a
slight ambiguity with plot 1), which may lead you to think there is an
apparent
inconsistency between the two histograms when you first look at them.

See
http://www.heddle97.freeserve.co.uk/ALMA/CLEANIND.HTM
for the updated results.

I've updated all the B,C and D results calculated so far, and the A DOT
results.

I notice that the browsers in Windows make a pretty poor job of representing
the histograms in question- this can be improved on if you use Netscape
Communicator and right click on the histograms, selecting the 'view image'
option.

Cheers,
       Steven

Steven Heddle, Newington, Holm Road, Kirkwall, Orkney KW15 1PY
Tel: 01856 877119             Email: steven at heddle97.freeserve.co.uk
Fax: 0870 4039359           URL: http://www.heddle97.freeserve.co.uk