[alma-config]Re: borehole locations

John Conway jconway at oso.chalmers.se
Thu Dec 20 09:07:03 EST 2001

Hi,

 Probably not everyone got my suggested new bore positions
yesterday because I included a jpeg image which was too big.
to be forwared by the alma-config exploder.

 Below I list again the proposed positions
with a lower priority for two of them as requested
by Simon.

 The figure showing the borehole locations can be
found at  http://www.oso.chalmers.se/~jconway/ALMA/SIMULATIONS/SIM15/

I have finished my report on the December pad reconnaissance-
and include a prescription for finding pads and staking them
out using GPS, this can be found at
http://www.oso.chalmers.se/~jconway/ALMA/SIMULATIONS/SIM14/

   Happy Christmas and New Year everybody.

      John.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Simon Radford wrote:

> John,
>
> Thanks for the positions.
>
> Please indicate which two positions are lowest priority, i. e., which two positions should be dropped if we can only do eight bores.
>
> Simon

Proposed positions of new bore holes

Slope of SE ridge

628715 7452087 % C170
629443 7452605 % C172

On SE ridge

628754 7450977 % W150
629486 7452054

Fingers

626392 7453061 % C180
626719 7452012 % C183
627039 7451504 % C166

North West of 4km area

629611 7454439 % C159 - LOWER PRIORITY
630400 7453550 % Chan E

Central 628590 7454000 % Zoom centre - LOWER PRIORITY