[alma-config]topographic survey

Simon Radford sradford at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 17 18:39:18 EST 2001

John,

Last week, Jorg Eschway suggested we have a detailed topographic survey made prior to iterating the configuration designs with a road engineer. To be most useful, this survey should be completed by the end of March or there about. Although we don't know
the cost at the moment, in 2002 we may be able to afford a survey of 10-12 km^2, enough for all the configurations except the most extended (14 km).

Please, therefore, sketch out the boundaries of the area to be surveyed. It would be good to have this information when we meet in January.

Simon