[alma-config] Teleconference tomorrow 1700 UT

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 20 11:17:26 EST 2000

An updated hyperlinked version of the agenda may be found at:
http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/mmaimcal/almaconfig21nov.html

Currently, it is:
ALMA Configuration Group

Date: NOV-21-2000 (Tuesday) 21 November 2000.

Time: 12:00 EST (10:00 MST, 1700UT)

USA Toll Free Number: 1-888-566-6150

International Number: 1-312-470-0124

Passcode: ALMA

Conference leader: Al Wootten

Past minutes, etc on ALMA Configuration Group Page

Agenda

------------

News Items.

Updates On strawperson configuration simulations from Steven Heddle's
simulation engine. Reports by Steven can be found at his ALMA page.
Recently, there has been discussion on subsampling of images from the library.
Are these results good?  What improvements, if any, might be made?
What do these results tell u, and what is the next step?

Simulation Strategy outline at the Tucson meeting is found here. What
changes should we adopt based on our experiences so far?

Future Plans

The plans for the layout of the pads must be finalized by the beginning of
construction. We hope that the first construction funds will arrive on 2001
Oct 1 when the FY2002 begins here. The project WBS has this date as 2002 Jan
1. Realistically, I think we need to inspect the pad sites before finalizing
their location. We have begun this, but it is a huge task. It would be best
to have some decision on the pad locations before the next austral summer,
but that doesn't seem entirely practical. Radford and Butler will be on
Chajnantor in mid-December. What sites should they inspect? In my opinion,
all these things suggest that we should have the next meeting PDR early in
2001. The ASAC will meet ~Feb 23, so time is getting tight should we want a
chance to respond to the PDR in time to present that response to the ASAC.