[alma-config] Re: simulation

morita morita at nro.nao.ac.jp
Fri May 19 18:59:29 EDT 2000

Hi Leonia,

> >Anyway, I am conducting similar simulations using different source
model
> >of which size is less than FWHM of the primary beam.  I am getting
> >similar
> >results and maybe I can tell you about these results in next week.
>
> It looks strange. Because if the source model is less than
> FWHM of the primary beam, then the same pointing error should
> bring less effect because the model is at the flat part of
> the primary beam. In extreme case (the source model is much less than
>                                                        ^^^^
> FWHM of the primary beam) the pointing error should not affect at all
> (if we ignore the phase).

My answer was not clear, sorry.
I have almost finished the simultaions for the source of which size is
about 80 % of FWHM of the primary beam.  These results show similar
tendency.  But, of course, the image degradation is a function of
the source size, as you said.  Maybe, I will show you some plots
of the degradation vs source size, soon.

Regards,
Koh-Ichiro