[alma-config] simulation

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri May 19 16:51:53 EDT 2000

Dear Morita-san,

I have read your short memo about simulations including antenna pointing.
I'd like to make two comments:

1. I suppose that your simulation does not include mosaic. If it does then
   skip this comment.
   You consider the case when the image(model) size is bigger than the primary
   beam. Of cource the big effect of the antenna pointing error can be expected
   at this case.
   On the other hand if the image(model) size is bigger than the primary
   beam than mosaic should be used. So this case is not practical for
   the single pointing observation.

2. The synthesyzed beam given at figure 5 shows negative side lobes as big
   as ~10%. This looks strange for me. I shown in my paper that negative side
   lobes can not be more than 1/(N-1) for snapshot observation and for
   natural weighting, where N is number of antennas. I think they should be
   even less for non snapshot observation.
   May be you do not use natural weighting?

Regards

Leonia Kogan