[alma-config] CONFI

Mark Holdaway mholdawa at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Mar 7 10:23:03 EST 2000

All,

Another modification which I had mentioned to Leonia a few years ago was
to apply the primary beam to the PSF before looking at the maximum
sidelobe, which would have a similar effect to John's desired modification
(ie, make a smooth transition to the outer, "nonoptimized" sidelobes).
Some care must be given to make sure you do the right thing (ie, if you
have a bright source near one null, you don't want its sidelobes to be
nice until they are half-way over to the other null and then all of a
sudden freak out; so maybe its like multiplying by the autocorrelation of
the primary beam).  Anyway, I think this is a reasonable approach for the
two smaller configurations which will see lots of mosaicing action.

	-Mark