[alma-config] telecon this Wednesday

mel wright 456 wright at creek2.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 7 13:59:58 EDT 2000

Hello Min, Mark,

" ALL VLA proposals I have been associated with over the last 15 years
are strictly limited by sensitivity and not by imaging quality (incidentally
several of the projects had to worry about DR in the end, however).  All
of the OVRO proposals I refereed for 4 years justify their time
request on sensitivity -- exceedingly few on imaging quality.  ALMA
will be much closer to the VLA, of course, but it won't change how
people do science."

Neither VLA nor OVRO are designed as mosaicing instruments. ALMA is.
BIMA has ~ 50% mosaicing projects and uv-coverage is used in
proposals and time allocation, and should be for ALMA too.

	my 2-cents worth, cheers,

		Melvyn