[alma-config] telecon this Wednesday

Min Yun myun at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jun 7 10:37:42 EDT 2000

Morita-san,

Looking at your latest report, I am struck by the fact that the
sidelobe behavior of the spiral configuration is not as good as it
can be (John must be working on optimizing this right now).
If one of your conclusions is indeed a possible correlation
between the sidelobe levels and imaging quality, then
there are even more reason to include
the donut strawperson configurations to your tests.  As you stated
at the beginning, comparing the two extreme cases should give us
the ranges of outcomes we may expect from these imaging simulations,
but it is unavoidable that you should also compare the spiral and
donut arrays directly.  Even your possible conclusion that the
two produce nearly identical results should be a useful and tangible
work in making further decisions down the line.

					-- Min