[alma-config] RE: Antenna Configuartion Meeting

Min Yun myun at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Jan 25 10:46:15 EST 2000

Hi Angel,

We do not have a detailed agenda for the meeting in Tucson yet.  My
general plan is to have a good mixture of talks and discussions.
We have identified a set of topical issues we need to sort out before
going into full blown simulation and evaluation of the competing
configuration designs.  I envision spending at least the first day sorting
through the progress on these topical issues by having the subgroup leader or
discussion moderator making a 15-20 minute presentation and spending
some 20-30 minutes opening it to further questions and discussions by
the group in general.  Take a look at the minutes of the last meeting
and comment if we are missing an important item there.

Your suggested topic is not something we have included among the topical
issues.  I am forwarding this e-mail to
the rest of the working group so I can get some feed back as whether
there are other practical issues such as this that might be better
treated as a topical issue.  At any rate, it certainly is relevant,
probably more to the discussion of competing configuration concepts.
We will definitely have related discussions, and you should be able
to present your ideas either as a scheduled talk or as part of a
discussion session.  We will know this better in two weeks or so
when I define the agenda in more detail.

I hope all is well in Chile!

					-- Min