[alma-config] transporter azimuth

Bryan Butler bbutler at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Jan 20 23:20:16 EST 2000

all,

i had a short discussion with peter this afternoon about
the problem of whether the transporter has to approach
the antennas from a particular azimuth.  he said no, that
any azimuth was OK.  he then gave me the relevant pages of
the antenna contract, and, indeed, the transporter can
approach from any azimuth.  the pickup points are on the
lower part of the yoke, so you just bring up the transporter,
then rotate the antenna to wherever it needs to be.

so, this is not an issue we need to worry about...

	-bryan