[alma-config] simulations and metrics

Tamara Helfer thelfer at musca.as.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 20 17:42:42 EST 2000

Hi Mel,

measure=cornwell is the same as cornwell's "maximum emptiness",
which is a lot more like CLEAN than like maximum entropy.
For real (BIMA SONG) data, I get comparable results with CLEAN and
maximum emptiness.  We're using MOSSDI (a Steer-Ito-Dewdney clean) for
BIMA SONG data since maxen was diverging in the total flux.  For my
simulations, which are noise-free, maxen doesn't have this problem.
And maxen tends to recover more flux than the standard clean
(though not more than multiscale clean) for data without total
power included, which is why I was using it for my simulations...

	Tam