[alma-config] the comparison of configurations

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Jan 18 11:18:27 EST 2000

All,

Of course comparison with a ring is not correct because a ring can not
be consider as a good configuration since the beginning.

In July, August 1999 Me and John Conway carried out simulation of two
donoughts two circle and a spiral configuration to compare the quality
of the restored images. We used two source models given by John: M51
and CYGN.

The donoughts and two circles configurations showed better identity
with the model and more clean image in comparison with the spiral.

But I would not like to say forever that a spiral is worse, because the
parameters of the spiral can be modify and anothe spiral can give
different result.

The last John's simmulation tells us again that the simulation have to
be done on the planned basis with fixed sources as models, with time
planned, with wide discussing of the having planned simmulations and

We need to have a plan with WHO, WHEN, WHAT collumns.

Leonia