[alma-config] Imaging Simulations

Min Yun myun at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Jan 18 10:37:14 EST 2000

Hi John,

It is a nice and substantial work.  I still have not gotten back
to you on my comments to your ALMA draft memo, and I will return
those comments along with more detailed comments on the current
one.  Just repeating Bryan's point, the comparison will be more
meaningful if you used a double ring configuration rather than
a single ring.  If you do not have an example of such a configuration,
you can pick it up as www.aoc.nrao.edu/~myun/mma/64_DONUT_0.25 --
this is an ascii table with 64 antennas arranged in two rings,
one with a 3km diameter and one with 1.5km diameter.  It is part
of the summary of my URSI Toronto talk
(www.aoc.nrao.edu/~myun/mma/straw_config.html).  I am glad to hear
that you are also addressing the issue on snapshot vs. long track.
It is one of the topics I wanted to cover for tomorrow's telecon.
I hope you will be able to join us.  Cheers!

					-- Min