[alma-config] topographic mask

Min Yun myun at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Feb 7 16:31:47 EST 2000

Has anyone else tried to use the new topographical mask Bryan created?
At the moment, it is in FITS format.  Like many other things in this
project, there isn't a standard format yet, and the FITS may become
the standard by default at this point.  We have people doing simulations
and array designs using different standard/personal codes right now.
Does anyone have an objection/suggestion to the mask format at
this point?

I was also surprised to find Bryan's 5 degree slope mask being
extremely limiting.  What's the experience of other people on this
point?  Has anyone else come up with other topographical masks
you want the rest of us to try out?

					-- Min