[alma-config] parameters for IMAGR, and integration times

Steven steven at heddle97.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 07:26:39 EDT 2000

Thanks for clarifying the calculation, which indeed seems highly sensible. I
was was inquiring about the integration times more in hope than expectation-
however I am more hopeful of the practicalities of the situation now, having
recalled that the A arrays simulated have maximum baselines of approx 3km
rather than 10km, C approx 700m, and E approx 150 m, suggesting maximum
integration times of 28 seconds, 126 seconds and >500 seconds respectively.
With this in mind, would it be acceptable to leave the E arrays' data as it
is, as it is oversampled by a factor of three even at 180 seconds, redo the
C arrays at an integration time of 60 seconds to get two times oversampling,
and redo the A arrays at an integration time of 14 seconds to get two times
oversampling there also? The A arrays will still necessitate a plea to my
employers for an additional large harddisk, but that can probably be
obtained and fitted in about a week. In the meantime I can work at producing
prototype CLEAN and difference images with the redone C arrays, prior to
automating the process when deemed suitable, and indeed could possibly
retain the A snapshots integrated for 60 seconds as a temporary measure.

By the time you read this my hard disk will have been thrashing away at the
C arrays for a few hours, so I hope that this seems reasonable!

Cheers,
    Steven