[alma-config] Comments on Marks proto-memo

Stephane Guilloteau guillote at iram.fr
Mon Apr 17 12:55:02 EDT 2000

Pointing errors are going to be important, that is clear.

However, before we adress this problem, I think we need to be sure that the
configuration
choice can also handle two (absolutely) unavoidable classes of errors
    - thermal noise
    - atmospheric phase noise

It is not obvious to me that different configurations will result in the
same behaviour
vis-a-vis these classes of errors (I would even bet the opposite...). This
may turn out
to be important to guide our choice, specially since we know that quite a
number of
projects are going to be sensivitity limited.

Evaluating the response under various noise levels is essential.

    Stephane