[Nmsymp] 36th New Mexico Symposium announcement (13 Nov 2020)

Lori Appel lappel at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 7 11:43:33 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The 36th Annual New Mexico Symposium will take place on Friday, 13 November 2020, and this year it will be hosted fully online. Astronomers from New Mexico and surrounding states are cordially invited to attend the Symposium and, if they wish, to present a paper. We expect to fill a full-day schedule with presentations, from approximately 9:00am to 5:00pm MDT. We particularly encourage students and young astronomers to use the Symposium as a forum to present ongoing astronomical research.

The meeting website can be found at: http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/events/nmsymposium/2020/.

Registration and abstract submission will open by the end of this week. Abstract submission deadline is Friday, 30 October. Please consult the website for all relevant dates.

On the evening of 13 November, after the Symposium, NRAO Socorro will host the 55th Annual Karl G. Jansky Lecture, which this year will be given by Prof Martha P. Haynes (Cornell). The Jansky Lecture will start at 7pm MDT and will be delivered virtually. For more information on this year's Jansky Lectureship visit https://science.nrao.edu/science/jansky-lecture/speakers/2020-jansky-lecturer-prof-martha-p-haynes.

Please distribute this announcement at your institution to help us reach as wide an audience as possible. The event is free to attend. Given the virtual means this year we are able to accommodate audience twice as large as typically. If you did not receive this message by direct e-mail and would like to be added to the mailing list, please go to https://listmgr.nrao.edu/mailman/listinfo/nmsymp. If you need further assistance or information, please contact Lori Appel or Anna Kapinska.

With best wishes,

Anna D. Kapinska
NRAO/Socorro