[Nmsymp] 35th New Mexico Symposium program

Lori Appel lappel at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 18 11:56:02 EST 2020

Dear Symposium participants,

The 35th New Mexico Symposium and the 54th Jansky lecture are happening this Friday. We have a very rich and diverse program for the day, starting at 8:30am:

Oral program: http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/events/nmsymposium/2019/program.html

Poster presentations:  http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/events/nmsymposium/2019/posters.html

Hopefully the weather will be kind to everyone travelling; however, I would like to draw attention to the note below.

Please note that on Feb 02, 2020, the US Department of State assigned a level 4 rating for travel to China ("No Travel"), effective immediately. Due to this restriction, NRAO is currently unable to host visitors that have been travelling to/near the epicentre of the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19). If you have travelled to China in the past 14 days, we kindly request you consider your in-person participation in the NM Symposium. We are able to broadcast the symposium via virtual means and we will be more than happy to provide you with connection details in such instance.

Should you have any questions, please contact Lori Appel (LOC) or Anna Kapinska (LOC/SOC).

Best wishes & see everyone on Friday!

--

Dr Anna D. Kapinska

Assistant Scientist/Astronomy

National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO)

Project Manager

Evolutionary Map of the Universe (ASKAP/EMU)

Domenici Science Operations Center

1003 Lopezville Rd, Socorro 87801, USA

tel: +1-575-835-7155

email: akapinska at nrao.edu<mailto:akapinska at nrao.edu>