[Nmsymp] 34th New Mexico Symposium - First Announcement

Anna Kapinska akapinsk at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 5 13:51:16 EDT 2018

34th New Mexico Symposium

===================

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

The 34th Annual New Mexico Symposium will take place on Friday, 9th
November 2018. The Symposium will be hosted by NRAO and New Mexico Tech,
at the Science Operations Center in Socorro, NM. We expect to fill a
full-day schedule with oral and poster presentations, from about 9:00am
to 5:30pm.

The 53rd annual Karl G. Jansky Lecture entitled "The Radio Harvest" will
be given by Professor Roger D. Blandford. Prof. Blandford's public
lecture will take place after the Symposium and the Symposium Dinner,
and an informal reception will follow the lecture. The public lecture is
free to attend.

Astronomers from New Mexico and surrounding states are cordially invited
to attend the Symposium and, if they wish, to present a paper. We
particularly encourage students and young astronomers to use the
Symposium as a forum to present ongoing astronomical research. We can
accommodate approximately 19 oral presentations, and a large number of
posters.

There will be no registration fee, but anyone planning to attend the
Symposium is asked to register, to facilitate our planning. The
registration deadline is Thursday, October 25, 2018.

The meeting web page can be found at:
http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/events/nmsymposium/2018/

Please distribute this announcement at your institution, to reach as
wide an audience as possible. If you did not receive this message by
direct e-mail and would like to be added to the mailing list, please go
to https://listmgr.nrao.edu/mailman/listinfo/nmsymp

If you need further assistance or information, please contact Lori Appel
(lappel at nrao.edu).

Anna D. Kapinska

--
Dr Anna D. Kapinska
Assistant Scientist

Project Manager
Evolutionary Map of the Universe (ASKAP/EMU)

Domenici Science Operations Center
1003 Lopezville Rd, Socorro 87801, USA
tel: +1-575-835-7155
email: akapinska at nrao.edu