[Nmsymp] 34th New Mexico Symposium - Second Announcement

Anna Kapinska akapinsk at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 11 15:35:54 EDT 2018

34th New Mexico Symposium

===================

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear Colleagues,

The 34th annual New Mexico Symposium is happening in just four weeks, 09
November 2018.

THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS 25th OCTOBER.

Please register at: http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/cgi-bin/nmsymp/reg.cgi

The symposium will take place at the Science Operations Center in
Socorro, NM. Astronomers from New Mexico and surrounding states are
cordially invited to attend the Symposium and, if they wish, to present
a paper. We expect to fill a full-day schedule with oral and poster
presentations, from about 9:00am to 5:30pm. We particularly encourage
students and young astronomers to use the Symposium as a forum to
present ongoing astronomical research.

The meeting website can be found at:
http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/events/nmsymposium/2018/.

After the Symposium and the Symposium Dinner, we will host the 53rd
annual Karl G. Jansky Lecture. This year the Jansky Lecture, entitled
"The Radio Harvest", will be given by Professor Roger D. Blandford. An
informal reception will follow the lecture. The public lecture is free
to attend.

Please distribute this announcement at your institution, to help us
reach as wide an audience as possible. If you did not receive this
message by direct e-mail and would like to be added to the mailing list,
please go to https://listmgr.nrao.edu/mailman/listinfo/nmsymp. If you
need further assistance or information, please contact Lori Appel
(lappel at nrao.edu).

With best wishes,

Anna D. Kapinska

--
Dr Anna D. Kapinska
Assistant Scientist

Project Manager
Evolutionary Map of the Universe (ASKAP/EMU)

Domenici Science Operations Center
1003 Lopezville Rd, Socorro 87801, USA
tel: +1-575-835-7155
email: akapinska at nrao.edu