[Mnj] Mac OS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 13 18:56:16 EST 2019

The next version of Mac OS 10.15 will no longer run 32-bit applications.
It appears that the Intel compiler we have been using produces 32-bit
load modules.  The gfortran version 6.3 I have used for tests says
on "gfortran -v" several references to x86_64.  I therefore expect that
the load modules it produces are 64-bit.  The fly in that ointment is
the observation that dynamic memory offsets (e.g. for the pseudo AP)
are no where near as large on Mac as they are on Linux.  So I am more
than a little worried that this new version may still not solve the
problem.

I am also worried about the needed run-time libraries.  If you run the
MNJ to get this new version (now available), you will need to run the
fix_aips_elcap.sh script to set up links to the 3 gfortran provided
libraries.

Please let me know any experiences you have with this new version on
10.15 or earlier versions of Mac OS.  It should work on versions 10.10
and greater.

Thanks

Eric Greisen