[fitsmime] FITS Mime-Types for Mosaics

William Joye joye at head-cfa.cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 6 13:50:01 EST 2002

Valid point. I think it is far more urgent to produce the RFC than to think
about new mime-types. I only put this out to the community to start the
discussion process. But lets not hold up the RFC on account of this.

One other idea. Is there a way we can use the HTTP Meta data field to indicate
an interpretation of the FITS data (i.e. it is a events bin table, or it is a
mosaic image...?) this would get around the problems of formally defining new
mime-types...

I like the two proposed mime-types, simple, straight to the point, no ambiguity.

<snip>